Grapefruit Martinis are one of my most favorite drinks and they should be yours too!
Why You'll Love This Drink
These pink cocktails are tart yet sweet and contain just enough vodka to take the edge off your day. Or your life.
Grapefruit always makes me think of luxury and I adore a vodka grapefruit martini.
Lazy mornings, fancy hotels with plush bathrobes, strong, hot coffee served in a silver carafe.
You get the picture.
Add vodka and you have a winning combo.
If you need a pink mocktail recipe, try making this refreshing Starbucks pink drink.
Ingredients and Tools
You'll need four things:
- Grapefruit juice (fresh-squeezed or bottled)
- Vodka (Grapefruit, citron or plain)
- Lime Juice (fresh)
- Cocktail shaker or a mason jar with a tight fitting lid
I'm partial to Absolut Grapefruit but use whatever you have.
If you have plain vodka, use that up first before you buy a citrus vodka.
Speaking of shopping for liquor, and you small town residents will probably relate to this.
Why is it that whenever you're putting a bottle of vodka in your grocery cart some upstanding member of the community is strolling by at that exact same time and you get a quirked eyebrow?
- Four ounces Absolut grapefruit vodka
- Two ounces fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Four ounces grapefruit juice
- Salt (optional for rimming glasses)
- Pour juices and vodka in cocktail shaker or mason jar with ice.
- Shake until shaker or jar is ice cold. Then shake for another minute or two.
- Pour into martini glasses.
If you're going to have a cocktail that tastes good but still allows you to fit into your jeans, you can't go wrong with a Grapefruit Martini. Note-my math says one drink has 170 calories.
An ounce of vodka has 65 calories, even a flavored vodka like Absolut Grapefruit (my absolute favorite!)
So two ounces of vodka for the martini (130) plus 11 calories for each ounce of grapefruit juice (22) and 8 calories for one ounce of lime juice equals 160 calories.
You're also getting 41 percent of your daily requirement of Vitamin C.
What Foods to Pair with Grapefruit Vodka Martinis?
- any fish or seafood, I'm thinking grilled swordfish or shark would be great or make ahead salmon escabeche
- Mexican or Southwestern dishes
- Rosemary chicken salad
- Cheese and crackers
- Spicy Shrimp Nachos would be good too.
- Four ounces grapefruit vodka
- Four ounces grapefruit juice
- Two ounces lime juice, fresh
- Ice for shaking
- Grapefruit wheels for garnish
- Pour vodka and juices into a cocktail shaker or mason jar packed with ice.
- Shake for a few minutes or until shaker is ice cold.
- Pour into a cocktail glass rimmed with salt or sugar or plain.
You can use plain vodka or a grapefruit vodka like Absolut Grapefruit for this mixed drink.
This post and/or recipe may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I'll earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure policy.
OXO 1064758 Good Grips Wooden Reamer,Beech
24 Ounce Cocktail Shaker Bar Set with Accessories - Martini Kit with Measuring Jigger and Mixing Spoon plus Drink Recipes Booklet - Professional Stainless Steel Bar Tools - Built-in Bartender Strainer
Ball Regular Mouth Mason Jars with Lids and Bands, 16-Ounces (4-Pack)
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 130Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 1g