Rosemary Chicken Sandwiches, filled with shredded chicken breast, freshly sliced celery and a rosemary dressing, are one of those hearty, satisfying dishes that will remind you of a sandwich spread you might find at your favorite deli.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Easy and quick
- Keeps well in the fridge for a few days
- Rosemary and fresh lemon juice is one of those unbeatable flavor combinations
If you are looking for more delicious lunch or light supper ideas, bowtie pasta salad is another family favorite.
If you have shredded chicken on hand, this takes two minutes to put together. A rotisserie chicken also works.
The salad does benefit from a couple hours in the fridge to marry the flavors.
So put it together in the morning while you're making breakfast and it will be perfect by lunch.
Use this recipe as a base and be creative. Add a half cup of chopped grapes or add a quarter cup of slivered almonds or chopped walnuts for crunch.
Are you barbecuing this weekend? Throw a couple extra chicken breasts or thighs on the grill for the sandwiches.
I like my salad sandwiches a bit on the dry side, if you like them super moist, you might want a slather of mayo on your sandwich roll.
- Two to three cups shredded chicken
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh celery
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice in a medium sized bowl until combined, stir in chopped rosemary.
- Add sliced celery
- Add shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours to let flavors marry. Serve a scoop on a ciabatta roll or hearty sliced bread with romaine lettuce.