Rosemary Chicken Sandwich Recipe
My husband and I have pretty intense work schedules so we never get a chance to have lunch together during the week.
We both are guilty of working through weekday lunchtimes, slice of pizza or bagel in one hand as we keep going.
So I try to step things up a notch for our weekend lunches.
That doesn’t mean fussy or time-consuming but I do try make us something really tasty to compensate for all the two-minute meals.
Today that means Rosemary Chicken Sandwiches.
My rosemary plant needed pruning and I had chicken already shredded.
And I bought some crispy ciabatta rolls this morning.
If you already have shredded chicken on hand, this takes two minutes to put together.
The salad does benefit from a couple hours in the fridge to marry the flavors.
So put it together in the morning while you’re making breakfast and it will be perfect by lunch.
Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and this recipe will be even faster.
Grilled chicken also works.
Are you barbecuing this weekend? Throw a couple extra chicken breasts or thighs on the grill for the sandwiches.
This recipe is so tasty because it uses fresh lemon juice and fresh rosemary.
Please, no substitutes, the results won’t be nearly as delicious.
I like my salad sandwiches a bit on the dry side, if you like them super moist, you might want a slather of mayo on your sandwich roll.
What’s your favorite sandwich recipe? Tell me in the comments. 🙂
- Two to three cups shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Juice from a quarter of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice in a medium sized bowl until combined, stir in chopped rosemary.
- Add shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours to let flavors marry. Serve a scoop on a ciabatta roll or hearty sliced bread with romaine lettuce.