No egg chocolate chip cookies are decadent with just a bit of chew. These are just like your grandmother’s chocolate chip cookies only without eggs. One reader said these cookies remind him of Chips Ahoy!
No Egg Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure policy.
Egg Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
What I’m about to tell you may blow your mind.
You can make a batch of chocolate chip cookies and leave the egg out and nothing bad will happen.
The cookies will bake up beautifully as shown above.
Your cookies might be a bit more delicate than usual without the egg but they will bake the same and taste the same as always.
Egg-free cookie recipes for potlucks and bake sales at the teenager’s school are always on my radar because one of the students has a serious egg allergy.
Apple sauce or chick pea liquid are common egg substitutes but they aren’t ingredients I keep on hand and I didn’t feel like traipsing out to the store.
So, I did add a bit more butter, thinking of shortbread, which doesn’t have eggs, just butter, sugar and flour and whatever flavorings.
Absolutely nothing, the cookies turned out fine.
Here’s a comment from a happy reader who tried this recipe when he ran out of eggs.
Shortbread cookies are another cookie to bake when you’re out of eggs or have an egg allergy.
Some of my favorite shortbread cookie recipes are these Double Chocolate Shortbread Cookies.
However, this no egg chocolate chip cookie recipe is so good, my husband and son almost prefer it over my regular chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I haven’t tried this method of adding more butter instead of egg to other cookie recipes like Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies.
What Can I Use in Place of Eggs for Cookies?
If you aren’t feeling confident in my add extra butter technique, mix 1.5 tablespoons of vegetable oil with 1.5 tablespoons of water and 1 teaspoon of baking powder as a substitute for an egg.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 1/4 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chips
- Stir flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy,, about five minutes.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Chill dough overnight or for at least four hours.
- Preheat over to 375 F.
- Scoop one-inch balls of cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet then move to a wire rack.
This post and/or recipe may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I'll earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure policy.
What’s your favorite cookie recipe?