Buttery and rich from white sugar, brown sugar, butter and vanilla, these cookies belong with a tall glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee.
These cookies make any gathering a party.
These cookies are guaranteed to make any brown bag lunch-er smile.
Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookies, recipe conveniently printed on the back of the yellow bag, are my first memory of baking with my mom.
This post was not sponsored by Nestle. However, this post contains affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, you won’t pay anymore for the item but I’ll earn a small commission. See disclosure.
I remember standing on a chair, spatula in hand, an apron hanging from my waist, in the small kitchen of our house on Williams Air Force Base in Arizona.
I was six or seven.
On the counter in front of me was a bowl of freshly mixed Nestle Toll House cookie dough studded with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
My mom was at my side warning me about the dangers of eating too much raw cookie dough.
I remember having a friend over for one of these baking sessions.
Judging from the immense size and shape of the cookie dough she unceremoniously plopped in uneven rows on the cookie sheet, my friend had clearly never baked before.
I exchanged a look with my mother over my friend’s head. I think we were both horrified and a bit saddened that my friend didn’t know what she was doing.
But, we didn’t make her feel bad. We just showed her how we portioned out and arranged dough and into the oven the tray went.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 12-ounce bag Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Measure dry ingredients and put in a small bowl. Set aside.
- in the bowl of stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to butter sugar mixture.
- Stir dry ingredients into dough until just combined.
- Add semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Using a cookie scoop, portion 12 balls of dough onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown
- Let rest on baking sheet for two to three minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g