Mini pretzels, peanuts, Chex mix and cheerios with a dash of M&Ms candies glazed with melted white chocolate also known as white trash or white chocolate snack mix is a sweet snack that will keep you reaching for the bowl.
White Chocolate Chex Mix is really popular at Christmas. But if you're having a gathering, say to watch the Super Bowl or the basketball playoffs, this is a snack that would disappear quickly.
Do you wonder what's the best white chocolate for melting?
You might also like Christmas Muddy Buddies.
Movie mix is another good snack for movie night or a holiday party.
- Chex cereal (whichever variety you prefer--Rice, Corn or Wheat)
- Mini pretzels
- Salted peanuts
- M&M candies
- White Chocolate disks
See recipe card for quantities.
Measure all the ingredients-- Chex cereal, Cheerio, nuts, M&Ms and pour into a large bowl.
Mix up with your hands or a spatula until well combined.
Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or microwave until creamy and no lumps of unmelted chocolate remain.
Line a half sheet pan or large cookie sheet with wax paper.
Pour melted white chocolate over bowl of cereal, nuts and candy.
Stir thoroughly until all bits are coated.
Pour cereal mixture over wax paper and spread into an even layer using a spatula or your hands.
Let the crunch mix rest for an hour.
Break into pieces and put in a resealable bag or container.
My best tip for this Chex mix is to store it in the freezer, which I learned from chef Gaby at What's Gaby Cooking.
Freezing keeps the white chocolate Chex mix fresh and crunchy.
Plus, since this snack mix is usually a holiday treat, keeping it in the freezer will keep it from melting if you're in a climate where you've got the heat on during the holiday months.
- Cheerios - instead of Cheerios, you can use another cereal or more Chex.
- Peanuts- substitute any other nuts, pecans or cashews would be a good swap.
- M&M's - swap out another small candy like Junior Mints or chocolate chips or peanut butter chips. I wouldn't use anything super chewy like Milk Duds, that might be hard to eat.
- White chocolate-if you're not a fan of white chocolate, you can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate instead.
- Large mixing bowl
- Wax paper
- Double boiler or microwave to melt white chocolate
- Half sheet pan
- SpatulaMeasuring cups
Store Chex mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or in the freezer for up to a month.
Use the best white chocolate you can for this snack mix. I used Ghirardelli white chocolate disks.
If you want to keep the mix more economical, you can use almond bark in place of the white chocolate.
- 3 cups miniature pretzels
- 3 cups cheerios
- 3 cups rice Chex
- 3 cups corn Chex
- 1 cup M&M candies
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 3 cups white chocolate disks (melted)
- Measure ingredients pretzels through M&Ms and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir together with a spatula or your hands until well-combined.
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper or wax paper
- Melt the chcolate.
This post and/or recipe may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I'll earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure policy.
Let me know if you make this recipe