Pumpkin Cocktail tastes like a liquid version of a big ole' slice of pumpkin pie slathered with whipped cream with just a lovely little kick.
Why You'll Love This Pumpkin Drink
- Creamy and perfectly spiced with nutmeg, cinnamon and clove,
- Perfect for effortless entertaining or everyday celebrating.
- You need just two ingredients.
For an exhaustive array of pumpkin recipes from cookies to bread to pies and more, my chef friend Lindsey Farr has you covered.
What You Need to Make a Pumpkin Cocktail
- A cocktail shaker (or a mason jar, I'm not fancy)
- Pumpkin Latte premade drink (or pumpkin spice ice cream)
- Vodka (preferably whip cream flavored vodka or plain or marshmallow-flavored will also work)
- Whipped Cream (for garnish)
- Ground cinnamon and maybe cinnamon sticks for garnishes
This cocktail captures all of those flavors!
The Pumpkin cocktail is a perfect festive drink for people who are busy working or baby-raising all week to whip together on the weekends or on a free weeknight evening.
The only way this fall drink would be easier to make is if Starbucks added spirits to their bottles of pre-made Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Shall we start a petition?
I think this pumpkin mix is also available at Super Targets.
Pumpkin Cocktail Ingredients
1 bottle Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (40 ounce or 14 ounce, depending on your crowd).
Vodka (whipped cream or marshmallow flavored if you have it for extra luxe otherwise plain vodka is fine (Tito's or Absolut.)
If you can't find the premade latte, you could use pumpkin spice creamer, a shot of expresso or use a scoop of pumpkin spice ice cream and blend it with the vodka.
Whipped cream (for garnish and optional)
Ground cinnamon (for garnish, to dust over the whipped cream or over top of the drink if you’re not using whipped cream)
More Drink Garnish Possibilities
If you want to get all fancy, you could crush a few cinnamon graham crackers into a fine dust to attach to the rim of the glasses.
Maybe dip the rims of the glasses in water or a bit of apple juice or lemon juice then dip into the crushed graham crackers.
Add a cinnamon stick to each pumpkin drink for stirring all that luscious whipped cream into the pumpkin.
Warning--the premade Starbucks PSL contains espresso so keep that in mind if caffeine affects you.
This Pumpkin Cocktail is really a dessert in a glass!
- Cup of ice
- 8 ounces Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (small or large container)
- 3 ounces Whipped Cream Vodka or regular vodka
- Whipped Cream (optional, garnish)
- Dash of ground cinnamon (garnish)
- 2 Cinnamon sticks (optional, garnish)
- Fill cocktail shaker or mason jar with ice.
- Measure pumpkin spice latte and pour into shaker.
- Measure and add vodka.
- Put the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously, until the shaker starts to frost.
- Pour into two glasses.
- Top with whipped cream (optional) (I used a spray can of whipped cream)
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon on top of the whipped cream.
- Garnish each drink with a cinnamon stick, if you like.
Substitutes are fine for this drink recipe.
If you don't have whipped cream vodka (I used Pinnacle) use non-flavored vodka.
Experiment, I bet a cinnamon vodka would taste good here also.
If you can't find Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte in the refrigerated section, maybe test out a pumpkin spice coffee creamer?
If you don't have a cocktail shaker, use a mason jar or any container you do have with a tight-fitting lid.
This post and/or recipe may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I'll earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure policy.
Starbucks Frappuccino Pumpkin Spice, 13.7oz fl oz Bottles (12pk)
Torani Puremade Syrup, Pumpkin Spice, 25.4 Ounces
Cocktail Shaker Set: 4pc Boston Shaker Set with Premium Bartender 28oz Weighted & 18oz Unweighted Martini Drink Shaker, Japanese Jigger, Hawthorne Strainer - Stainless Steel Bar Tools - Cresimo
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 5 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 312Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 46mgSodium 60mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 5g