Wax Paper Uses
21 Ways to Use Wax Paper in the Kitchen
But there are
eleventy million 21 other uses for wax paper, a kitchen supply I try to keep stocked at all times.
Bonus: a roll of wax paper is super cheap--about $1.59 the last time I checked.
In comparison, my other favorite kitchen paper, parchment, costs between $3.49 to $4.99 a roll.
Ways to Use Wax Paper
Wax Paper Uses
- rolling out pie crust to keep crust from sticking to counter or rolling pin
- protect counter tops while decorating cookies or candy
- line a cutting board or counter top before grating cheese or chopping chocolate to save on mess
- prevent waste while measuring ingredients. Lay a piece of wax paper on counter before you measure flour, sugar or other ingredients. Pour back into container using wax paper.
- wrap cheese
- line a pan for fudge
- line cookie tins or boxes for gift giving
- use to keep beef patties or sausage patties from sticking together in freezer packaging
- wrap sandwiches or cut veggies or cookies for bag lunches
- cover a plate of food before microwaving to avoid splattering the inside of your microwave
- line cabinets instead of contact paper
- peel ears of corn on the cob, wrap each cob in wax paper and microwave for two minutes
- press flowers between two pieces of wax paper and insert into a heavy book
- are you a photographer? tape a piece of wax paper over a window to diffuse light or over your camera lens
- wrap a small piece of wax paper around a wine cork before recorking the bottle to help ease removal
- polish your faucet with a scrunched up piece of wax paper
- wipe your wooden utensils with a piece of wax paper to provide a bit of a seal
- trace illustrations for cake decorating
- line litter boxers (tip from a Reddit user, I've not tried this myself!)
- plug drafty windows (another one I haven't tried)
Frequently Asked Questions about Wax Paper
What will happen if I put wax paper in the oven?
Tell me how you use wax paper.