How to Make S’mores Without Graham Crackers:
Have you ever gone camping and run out of graham crackers? I’ve got several suggestions for how to make s’mores without graham crackers.
Or maybe you don’t like graham crackers? You can still make delicious s’mores without grahams.
Inevitably, we run out of graham crackers before we run out of marshmallows and chocolate. But, who wants to leave a campfire mid evening? Plus, you might be several miles away from a store if you’re actually camping out.
Or, maybe you hate graham crackers?
(Maybe you hate graham crackers? How to Make S’mores When you Hate Graham Crackers)
Make S’mores Without Graham Crackers: 11 + Ways
Bonus, I think all of these alternatives are much more delicious than graham crackers. Graham crackers are great for making a pie crust but the plain versions are low on flavor, in my opinion.
(This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission. See Disclosure)
Sweet Graham Cracker Alternative for S’mores
- French bread (my favorite, think of a low budget version of a chocolate croissant with roasted marshmallow. You can toast the bread or not. Butter optional. We made these last weekend. Husband thought I was nuts until he ate one.)
- Cookies (chocolate chip would be great, I’ve used Nutter Butters quite successfully, homemade gingersnaps, Anna’s Ginger Thins, sugar cookies.)
- Brownies (two slices of brownie melded together with marshmallow and chocolate might be too much of a mouthful. You could just use one brownie as a base)
- Broken ice cream cones (waffle or sugar cones would work best)
- Tortillas (flour or corn would work) Maybe deep fry them first???
- Strawberry slices (use a large or jumbo-sized strawberry and slice it vertically. This might be messier than most versions.)
- Pound cake slices (like with brownies, two slices of pound cake glued together with marshmallow and chocolate might be too big of a mouthful but you could always use one slice for a topless s’more.)
- Waffles (homemade or frozen, just toast first. I haven’t tried this yet but it sounds really good).
Salty Graham Cracker Alternatives for S’mores
- Saltines or Ritz crackers
- Pretzel crisps or chips
- Pretzels (messy)
- Potato chips (think chocolate covered potato chips. Potato chips with ridges would probably be best.)
Crackers for Smores
- Wheat Thins
- Club Crackers
- Water Biscuits
- Rye Krisp
It seems that the history of s’mores is a bit murky but related to Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts. The first mention anyone has found of s’mores was in a girl scout book called Tramping and Trailing.
Want to read this later? I made you a free pdf you can print.
Essential Tools for Making S’mores
How do you make s’mores?
How to Make Smores Without Graham Crackers