Do you need a graham cracker substitute for s’mores?
Or maybe you don’t like graham crackers?
Have you ever gone camping and run out of graham crackers?
You can make delicious s’mores without grahams.
How to Make S’mores Without Graham Crackers:
What Can I Substitute for Graham Crackers in Smores?
(This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission. See Disclosure)
Sweet Graham Cracker Substitutes for S’mores
- French bread (my favorite, think of a low budget version of a chocolate croissant with roasted marshmallow. You can toast the bread or not. Butter optional. We made these last weekend. Husband thought I was nuts until he ate one.)
- Cookies (chocolate chip would be great, I’ve used Nutter Butters quite successfully, homemade gingersnaps, Anna’s Ginger Thins, sugar cookies.)
- Brownies (two slices of brownie melded together with marshmallow and chocolate might be too much of a mouthful. You could just use one brownie as a base)
- Broken ice cream cones (waffle or sugar cones would work best)
- Tortillas (flour or corn would work) Maybe deep fry them first???
- Strawberry slices (use a large or jumbo-sized strawberry and slice it vertically. This might be messier than most versions.)
- Pound cake slices (like with brownies, two slices of pound cake glued together with marshmallow and chocolate might be too big of a mouthful but you could always use one slice for a topless s’more.)
- Waffles (homemade or frozen, just toast first. I haven’t tried this yet but it sounds really good.)
- Granola bars
- Donuts (you may need to slice in half horizontally.)
Savory Graham Cracker Substitutes for S’mores
- Saltines or Ritz crackers
- Pretzel crisps or chips
- Pretzels (messy)
- Potato chips (think chocolate covered potato chips. Potato chips with ridges would probably be best.)
More Graham Cracker Alternatives for S’mores
- Wheat Thins
- Club Crackers
- Water Biscuits
- Rye Krisp
One way I save on food costs, including keeping the family stocked with marshmallows and chocolate bars for making s’mores is occasionally ordering essentials through my Amazon Prime account. Check to see if you’re eligible for a free 30-day trial.
It seems that the history of s’mores is a bit murky but related to Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts. The first mention anyone has found of s’mores was in a girl scout book called Tramping and Trailing.
Want to read this later?
Essential Tools for Making S’mores
Speaking of smores-have you ever made your own marshmallows? It’s not as difficult as you might imagine.