Do you need a graham cracker substitute for s’mores?
Have you ever gone camping and run out of graham crackers?
You can make delicious s’mores without grahams.
How to Make S’mores Without Graham Crackers:
What Can I Substitute for Graham Crackers in Smores?
(This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission. See Disclosure)
Sweet Graham Cracker Substitutes for S’mores
- French bread (my favorite, think of a low budget version of a chocolate croissant with roasted marshmallow. You can toast the bread or not. Butter optional. We made these last weekend. Husband thought I was nuts until he ate one.)
For cookies to use for s’mores I recommend:
- Chocolate chip
- Nutter Butters
- Homemade Gingersnaps
- Anna’s Ginger thins
- Vintage Sugar Cookies
- Thin Mints
- More Sweet Substitutes for Graham Crackers
- Broken ice cream cones (waffle or sugar cones would work best)
- Tortillas (flour or corn would work) Maybe deep fry them first???
- Strawberry slices (use a large or jumbo-sized strawberry and slice it vertically. This might be messier than most versions.)
- Pound cake slices (like with brownies, two slices of pound cake glued together with marshmallow and chocolate might be too big of a mouthful but you could always use one slice for a topless s’more.)
- Waffles (homemade or frozen, just toast first. I haven’t tried this yet but it sounds really good.)
- Quaker Chewy Granola Bars, Chocolate Chip 18-pack
- Brownies (two slices of brownie melded together with marshmallow and chocolate might be too much of a mouthful. You could just use one brownie as a base)
- Donuts (you may need to slice in half horizontally.)
Savory Graham Cracker Substitutes for S’mores
- Ritz crackers
- Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps
- Potato chips (think chocolate covered potato chips. Potato chips with ridges would probably be best.)
- Pringles (my personal favorite, salty and sweet is a winning combo!)
More Graham Cracker Alternatives for S’mores
- Wheat Thins
- Keebler Club Original Crackers
- Water Biscuits
- Rye Krisp
- Pepperidge Farm Golden Butter Crackers
It seems that the history of s’mores is a bit murky but related to Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts. The first mention anyone has found of s’mores was in a girl scout book called Tramping and Trailing.
Want to read this post later?
Your turn: tell me your favorite method of making s’mores!