Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies
Chocolate cinnamon cookies are filled with cocoa powder and brown sugar and gently spiced with cinnamon then rolled in white sanding sugar for a bit of sparkle.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 27 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- four ounces white sanding sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Whisk dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Increase the speed to medium high and beat until fluffy, about 2 more minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla;
Reduce speed to low and mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
Put the sanding sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon in a small bowl.
Use small cookie dough scoop to form dough into balls. Place on a damp paper towel briefly. Then put the balls of dough into cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Bake about three inches apart on a baking sheet at 350 for 12 minutes. Let cool on a rack.