Happy Caturday Barbie dolls and Ken dolls. How are you?
I am feeling a little wistful. My parents (M.D. Mommy Dearest and Poppy) left Maine Friday to go back to their year-round home in Missouri. Soon, I hope, Maine will be their main home.
I got lost for a little while in a good book written by one of my most favorite authors ever to cheer myself up. In fact, that book is shown below, one of the
Five Things I’m Loving Right Now
1. Deborah Harkness: If you don’t know Deborah Harkness, you’re missing out on a true storyteller. Don’t let the fact that her series, the All Souls Trilogy, has magical creatures in it keep you from reading it. It’s not one of those typical supernatural or paranormal books out in the mass market.
For one thing, Harkness is a professor of history and teaches European history and the history of science at the University of Southern California. She has published two works of historical non-fiction, John Dee’s Conversations with Angels: Cabala, Alchemy and the End of Nature (1999) and The Jewel House: Elizabethan London and the Scientific Revolution (2007). —Source
For another, the books in this series, at least the first two, have hit the New York Times Best-Seller Lists almost immediately.
I just started reading the third novel, which is called The Book of Life. I’ve never enjoyed novels more than I have this series. In fact, I usually refuse to read any novels that are series.
But, a few years ago I picked up the first one: A Discovery of Witches and Could Not Stop Reading It. A Discovery was called “a sophisticated fairy tale for adults” by the San Antonio Express-News. The San Antonio Express-News was right.
Even Mr. 47, who is not a reader, has fallen in love with these books.
The second in the series is Shadow of Night.
2. Bar food for dinner. We just got back from a local pub where I made a meal of fried mushrooms with horseradish dipping sauce and a cold frosty one. Delish.
3. The Yoga By Candace Official App, She’s a great teacher. It’s convenient to have her library of youtube videos in one spot on my phone and seeing it on my screen is a reminder to practice. Candace recently hit 50,000 subscribers on Youtube. You should check her out.
4. San Pellegrino: While M.D. was here, she had stocked her fridge with cans of San Pellegrino. I like all the flavors but Pompelmo and Limonata are my favorites.
A word of warning about San Pellegrino: those cans have more calories than a can of Coca-Cola. Not a lot more, but more.
5. Leopard print–it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, which thrills me. I’ve always considered animal print a neutral, like black or denim. Leopard is my favorite of the animal prints although I did have a zebra print handbag for a while that I would get a ton of compliments for. I miss that bag. This week I’ve found leopard print belts, purses and shoes that I need.Leopard is the new black. #fivethings Click To Tweet
Tell me what five things you’re loving right now.